Duke-NUS will be awarding up to 6 travel grants for those faculty who are interested in the opportunity to travel to Singapore to establish collaborative projects with Duke-NUS Investigators.
The Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore (Duke-NUS) is pleased to announce a call for applications from Duke faculty interested in visiting the school. The purpose of this program is to promote development of collaborative research projects between Duke and Duke-NUS faculty. Duke faculty will be expected to present a research seminar at Duke-NUS during their visit.
Interested faculty should submit, by October, 28 2011, a NIH-style biosketch and a 1-2 page letter describing how they feel their research program would benefit from such a visit and how it fits with ongoing research initiatives at Duke-NUS. These initiatives are in the areas of Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Neuroscience and Behavioral Disorders, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disorders, Emerging Infectious Diseases, and Health Systems and Services Research (http://www.duke-nus.edu.sg/web/research/signature-research-programs)as well as in the Clinical Sciences. Visits must be made during the period of January 5, 2012 – March 24, 2012.
Please indicate in the letter the time frame you would be able to make the visit.
- Applications will be reviewed by a joint Duke-Duke-NUS committee and selections made by November 11, 2011.
- Priority will be given to Duke faculty who are making their first visit to Duke-NUS.
- We anticipate making up to 6 awards.
Financial support provided for the visit will be:
- Round-trip economy airfare from Durham to Singapore. Bookings will be made through the Office of Duke-NUS Affairs in Durham
- A minimum of three and a maximum of five nights accommodation in Singapore; the visitor must be available at least two days for meetings with faculty and interested parties.
- A per diem* of SD$100/day to cover costs associated with food and local travel for the days engaged in professional activities in Singapore.
- Transport to and from the airports in Durham and Singapore.
Please submit applications electronically to Ms. Patricia Joseph, Director, Office of Duke-NUS Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: Per Diem is listed in Singapore Dollars (SD)