The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) awarded Dr. Ed Hammond with the William W. Stead Award for “Thought Leadership in Informatics” on November 15th during AMIA’s Annual Symposium in San Francisco, CA.
The William W. Stead Award acknowledges people who have significantly influenced thinking about informatics, especially improving health and health care in ways that are visionary and transformative “AMIA is proud to honor Ed Hammond with the Stead Award for Thought Leadership in Informatics,” said AMIA Chair Blackford Middleton, MD, MPH, MSc, FACMI, of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. “We congratulate Dr. Hammond on his exceptional accomplishments, and thank him for his leadership and influence on the field of informatics, and commitment to AMIA’s mission.”
To read the AMIA article about Dr. Hammond’s award click here!
AMIA 2015 Signature Award Winners!
The AMIA Signature Awards program provides an opportunity for AMIA members at different stages of their careers to be recognized for significant contributions to the field of informatics.
- Jan H. van Bemmel, PhD, FACMI Morris F. Collen Award of Excellence
- Paul Harris, PhD, FACMI Donald A.B. Lindberg Award for Innovation in Informatics
- John D. Halamka, MD, MS, FACMI Don Eugene Detmer Award for Health Policy Contributions in Informatics
- Patricia Flatley Brennan, RN, PhD, FACMI Virginia K. Saba Informatics Award
- W. Ed Hammond, PhD, FACMI William W. Stead Award for Thought Leadership in Informatics
- Rong Xu, PhD AMIA New Investigator Award